Willing to pay someone to build me a power-button!

Andy Machead

9 posts in this topic

I currently have my hackintosh in a G5 case, unfinished but am thinking of moving it to a G4 quicksilver case because... It would actually close and look awesome.

My one issue is heat, can it take a Quad-core CPU. But another issue I have is a power button. I will PAY SOMEONE, to build me a PC power button for my machine that I can put in the Quicksilver case, Mac front button. Has to be 100% compatible. No joke here, I do not wanna do it myself and it needs to be professional looking :(

thanks! if anyone is interested, PM me!

I am really not one to be comfortable with power. Fried a computer before by accident. So I am looking for someone to do it for me, just ordered a Quicksilver G4 case off ebay to replace my G5 case.

Wanted an MDD but my motherboard goes the opposite way, damn. Ill just get a MDD optical drive enclosure and get dual optical drives. BLU-RAY HERE I COME! ;)

Anyone willing? Ill pay modestly. I just want someone who knows that they are doing. I have PayPal.

1. Thanks harolc for the nice link, I was thinking about doing the 2nd bay of my Quicksilver case for a memory card reader and USB/FW ports :D seems kinda cool and no need for a real second optical drive, if I want blu-ray id get a combo burner anyway.

2. Thank you LukeSki, but I received my case actually and it didn't come with a board either, just the push in plastic so if anyone actually has any ideas on how to use my current regular PC power button to connect the plastic button of the front of the G4 case, it would really be that simple! :D

PS: I am taking photos for everyone of progress, ill make a little reference post and post pictures day-by-day with my camera, there is no way I could personally write something out at the end... too add :D

PS: mounting motherboard tomorrow, full atx anyone got any tips? it looks like im gonna have to chop off some of the foot on the back left when it folds the edge of my board meets it. ;)