EP45-DQ6 Vanilla Install with 10.5.5 (working save for sound)

HoosierOSX

1 post in this topic

I tried the boot from EFI partition method and am having about 85% success at achieving a totally unmolested install.

I used the following kexts from LS8v14:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (Instead of OpenHaltRestart.kext for Restart, Sleep and Shutdown Fix)

AppleSMBIOS.kext (addresses system identifier issue by labeling machine as Mac and Model as EP45-DQ6)

IOATAFamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext (Time Machine fix)

JMicronATA.kext

dsmos.kext

R1000.kext (for Ethernet Ports)

Resolved the Unknown AHCI Controller issue (cosmetic, not functional) by following this link by installing

AppleAHCIPort.kext *and*

IOAHCIFamily.kext

to the /EFI/Extensions folder.

I placed all of the above listed .kexts inside the /EFI/Extensions folder per http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127330

Concerns/Notes:

Audio:

1. I was unable to get audio to work correctly. I've tried running ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA (v1.2.9a4) from the /EFI/Extensions folder and I tried manually to install those two files to the /System/Library/Extensions folder as well to no avail.

2. I also tried the method listed in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry911721 to no avail as well.

Disabler.kext - I need the one that disables AppleEFIRuntime.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerMangment.kext

I have been unable to locate it but I would like to place it in /EFI/Extensions before I run the update shell script for the kext rebuild. With Disabler.kext I could then modify the info.plist inside of the file to ensure that any other sound .kexts that might load from /System/Extensions would be prevented from loading and conflict with the ones I intend to load via /EFI/Extensions.

In the interim, I removed AppleEFIRuntime.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and restore later if necessary (so it's not 100% vanilla...yet).

Any advice or comments will be most appreciated.

Thank you.