[iDeneb 10.5.5] Succesfull installation, non-succesfull boot

SChief

9 posts in this topic

Dear Insanelymaccers,

I've been trying a long time to install OSX on my machine, but it wouldn't work. I recently found iDeneb 10.5.5 V1.3, which seems to be almost perfect.

The problem:

- After an succesfull installation, I press on reboot

- The pc reboots

- I get the gray Apple logo with a loading-logo under that.

- After a while, the screen goes black (not in standby, the LED on the monitor stays on green)

- I can't do anything.

Now, my question is: Is there someone who knows the solution for this! :)

Thanks. ;)

P.S. The specs:

- Dell OEM motherboard (Intel i845PE Chipset)

- Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP

- Dane-Elec 1GB RAM

Make sure you 'customize' the install... I got the same results if I didn't choose the video card. What's strange is (I have the 8600GT 256mb) when I select that video card, after it starts booting, half the apple screen goes dark gray and the other half stays normal, but it freezes.

At that point, I reboot with the -x command, I can get in to safe mode and finish the install. After that I ran EFI studio and selected the video and sound card, added them to the com.boot; rebooted and BAM, full resolution.

Might be worth a shot trying that.

--rob

I finish build my new system with the hope of using the new EFI-x method but since at the moment I don't yet have the device I wanted to experiment with ideneb v1.3. As you said installation went fine and after reboot my system gave me a crash screen like 5 seconds into boot. Not sure what caused that, so am hoping someone here will help me.

I choose the default installation. Here are my hardware details:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R; Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300; 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 PC2-8500; RAIDMAX RX-530SS ATX Power Supply; EVGA e-GeGorce 7200GS; Samsung SyncMaster 2220 wm; HEC 6XR8 mid-tower case.

many thanks

Dear Insanelymaccers,

I've been trying a long time to install OSX on my machine, but it wouldn't work. I recently found iDeneb 10.5.5 V1.3, which seems to be almost perfect.

The problem:

- After an succesfull installation, I press on reboot

- The pc reboots

- I get the gray Apple logo with a loading-logo under that.

- After a while, the screen goes black (not in standby, the LED on the monitor stays on green)

- I can't do anything.

Now, my question is: Is there someone who knows the solution for this! :stretcher:

Thanks. :)

P.S. The specs:

- Dell OEM motherboard (Intel i845PE Chipset)

- Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 PRO AGP

- Dane-Elec 1GB RAM

Using an other kernel (in this case, the SpeedStep kernel) is the solution for me.

Everyone thanks for the support! ;)

P.S. Now let's see where I can find drivers for my X1650, my SoundBlaster 5.1, and my wireless networkcard (Siemens USB Adapter 108 (Atheros Chipset))

@SChief. Glad I could help :)

@bhagiratha. Crash after you hit the grey screen with the spin wheel also is indicative of a kernel problem. I am not too familiar with iDeneb, but I would bet it by default either installs the modbin kernel or TOH's kernel. With an intel quad core try either the vanilla 9.4 kernel or stageXNU. stageXNU will out of the box support 64 bit processing and recognize each of your processors cores.

-W

Thanks for the response. I will run iDeneb again and try the stageXNU kernel.

Will let you know how it goes.

I tried iAtkos v4i ... but no luck either. I get this error after reboot:

"System config file ' /com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

@SChief. Glad I could help :unsure:

@bhagiratha. Crash after you hit the grey screen with the spin wheel also is indicative of a kernel problem. I am not too familiar with iDeneb, but I would bet it by default either installs the modbin kernel or TOH's kernel. With an intel quad core try either the vanilla 9.4 kernel or stageXNU. stageXNU will out of the box support 64 bit processing and recognize each of your processors cores.

-W

I tried the stageXNU kernel but no luck. I did a -v after installation and took those screen shots. The system keeps telling me "still waiting for root device"

any other thoughts?

@SChief. Glad I could help ;)

-W

post-27731-1224687531_thumb.jpg

post-27731-1224687562_thumb.jpg

Hi people... I installed th ideneb 10.5.5 ...Everything works fine with the install... Reboot... Opens and start with region and staff... When its time to register I click the last option (the one whch sais not to register now) and press continiou... After than nothing happens for a while and after2-3 minutes it gets me back to select the region again !! What can I do ??