EP45-DS3R - got sound working, but not shown?

robo456

2 posts in this topic

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 installation

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R motherboard (F10 bios)

Nvidia 8600GT 256mb video

I've gotten it to the point (after much trial and error) to boot with full video support, ICH10 working, and the network (with Bonjour) seems to be operational. I loaded the kexts found in 889a.Audio.ICH10.zip, repaired permissions and surprisingly had sound first shot after reboot.

The issue is, the sound appears to work so far (haven't noticed any pops/hisses), but when you go into the system profiler's audio section, it lists:

"No Built-in Audio"

This sounds like a silly question, but is that OK?

Also, on a side note, under the hardware section of the system profiler, I get "There was an error while gathering this information." I'm assuming that's why the processor is showing as a 4 GHz UNKNOWN... is there any way to show it correctly as the E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz processor it actually is and fix the info gathering?

Thanks for any advice!!

**EDIT***

After some more reading, it looks like the system profiler problems are due to the SMBIOS patch I loaded while installing the iDeneb version. (since my memory was 800mhz, that was the one I used) Should I try to load a 'generic' one and see what happens? It's taken soooooo long to get a "working" install, I'm walking on eggshells on everything I install. Heh.

--rob

Not sure about the sound problem.

But use time Machine to back up your system. You just need a usb drive 50mg plus.

then if you get a kernel panic or something, boot from DVD and Utilies / Restore and Time machine will make everything happy again.

Im had a nightmare of a time before someone on here mentioned the power of time Machine.