NVkush v4.20.2- "I Can Has Model?"

flagtuck

6 posts in this topic

After installing NVkush v4.20.2 and am am very happy with the results. I searched and didn't find any info regarding getting the correct info instead of "I Can Has Model?"

What do I need to edit to fix this. Here is my profiler info for reference:

I Can Has Model?:

Chipset Model:	I Can Has Model?
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB	   ---  I do have a 256Mb card---
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0393
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
CMC 22 W:
 Resolution:	1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
 QuartzGL:	Supported
 Rotation:	Supported
 Television:	Yes

Thanks in advance.

Go onto the moofspeak irc, info is in my signature. join #natit, and give your video card device information to Freshly-Baked (aka DiaboliK), and he will implement it into the next release of NVkush.

Having that there doesn't actually change any performance, it's just for aesthetics, your card is working fine.

I have the same card. I used NvDarwin 1.2.1 to get it working with QE/CI and it pulls the model name too:

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 768 MB <----- No idea why it says this. I have a 256 MB card.

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0393

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVdarwin 1.2.1

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1360 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

I have the same card. I used NvDarwin 1.2.1 to get it working with QE/CI and it pulls the model name too

Thanks for the info. Its great that there are so many solutions for video out there but damn, its hard to keep up with all of them. Why did you choose NvDarwin over NVkush or other solutions? From what I can tell it seems to be happy with 10.5.5 which I'm not too sure about for NVkush. I'm getting some freezing issues and am looking into editing some of the nvidia kexts to add my device ID - do you have to do that with NvDarwin too?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Having that there doesn't actually change any performance, it's just for aesthetics, your card is working fine.

I have this card and NVkush, but I dont get video. Basically I just get a black window in quicktime or VLC or whatever. I also get odd things with the video in the Time Machine browser, and iWork. My profile information says 3d is not enabled, and I've read other posts that said this was just cosmetic, but really it seems to me my video is not working. Could this be something else?

I've tried other kexts but the only one that gets close is NVkush, and apart from this issue it does work well.

Any thoughts?