Successful install of iDeneb 10.5.5

kilkenny1968

8 posts in this topic

After a lot of forum chasing finally found the solutions to install iDeneb 10.5.5 my Asus Maximus Formula board.

Point to note that the install would only start working with a IDE connected DVD/CD drive unit and an IDE hard drive....Once I got to the disk setup phase it would detect my Sata drive and from then on install was perfect.

The only issue I now have is that Leopard only detects 1 core of my over-clocked Q6600(even hen its not over-clocked).....Does anyone have any ideas?

post-305709-1224498293_thumb.jpg

post-305709-1224498334_thumb.jpg

1.why are the pics upsidedown:P lol

2.my sata drives works fine did u try and install it with only ur sata drive installed?

btw im using the same install dvd about ur processor idk but good luck:)

1.why are the pics upsidedown:P lol

2.my sata drives works fine did u try and install it with only ur sata drive installed?

btw im using the same install dvd about ur processor idk but good luck:)

1. Lol...Have no idea why the pics are upside down!

2. I tried everything....I tried with only that Sata drive connected, then with IDE DVD/CD (because my current DVD uses Sata connector), Then with only IDE dvd and IDE Drive connected....this allowed me to get to the disk setup phase but would not format the IDE disk correctly....Restarted with my sata connected as well - allowed me to format the sata drive and the rest is history.

hmm i had the prob to with a diff iso forgot how i fixed it lol i think it was because i was using a sata hd and a ide dvd drive so if u have a sata cd drive use that with the sata hd might fix it but not sure:|

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!!

I need a bit of help... I have IDeneb 10.5.5 but I can't seem to get the installation settings right. I have an ASUS Striker II Formula with a sata hdd and sata disk drive. My audio card is the SupremeFX II and I use the intergrated lan. I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 without problems by attaching a seperate IDE disk drive but I could never get the internet working. ForceDeth would usually crash at boot unless I used -x and then deleted it. But sound worked without problem and so did video. I have no clue how to check if the system is using all 4 cores of my cpu... I have a 2.93Ghz quad core (I forget its full name). So.. I decided to upgrade to 10.5.5 but I have not had luck. I have tried to install with 9.5 kernel but then it crashes and restarts as it gets to the gray screen with the loading apple logo. I have tried 9.2.2 but then it crashes and the loading apple logo stays on the screen forever. Could anyone tell me what I need to select in the 10.5.5 ready patches section? I dont know if I should select any fixes. I do know that my video card is 768 since I have an 8800 ultra and that should work fine, but besides that I have no idea. I have tried a few settings, but reinstalling and formatting over and over again is just a pain in the ***. So pls if anyone can help. It would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Hungry

Hi Everyone!!

I need a bit of help... I have IDeneb 10.5.5 but I can't seem to get the installation settings right. I have an ASUS Striker II Formula with a sata hdd and sata disk drive. My audio card is the SupremeFX II and I use the intergrated lan. I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 without problems by attaching a seperate IDE disk drive but I could never get the internet working. ForceDeth would usually crash at boot unless I used -x and then deleted it. But sound worked without problem and so did video. I have no clue how to check if the system is using all 4 cores of my cpu... I have a 2.93Ghz quad core (I forget its full name). So.. I decided to upgrade to 10.5.5 but I have not had luck. I have tried to install with 9.5 kernel but then it crashes and restarts as it gets to the gray screen with the loading apple logo. I have tried 9.2.2 but then it crashes and the loading apple logo stays on the screen forever. Could anyone tell me what I need to select in the 10.5.5 ready patches section? I dont know if I should select any fixes. I do know that my video card is 768 since I have an 8800 ultra and that should work fine, but besides that I have no idea. I have tried a few settings, but reinstalling and formatting over and over again is just a pain in the ***. So pls if anyone can help. It would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Hungry

I managed to get it working with the 9.4.0 kernel. It booted with sound but no internet. No Internet even though I installed with forcedeth... I have no idea what to do with that. It finds the two ethernet ports but it shows a red light even when the cable is plugged in. Thats weird. I also have no idea if I am using all 4 cores. When I go into system profiler it tells me that I have a Quad core CPU but nothing about running cores. How can I see? thanks

Hungry