Atheros5007 On Compaq C774TU

DSP8000

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I need some help to restore backup IO820xx.kext

I did install iDeneb and it was working ok with everything working exept WiFi so I did replace the kext as explained in the other thread "Atheros 5006 and 5007 Working"

Rebooted and got kernel panic.

Can someone walk me thru to restore the backup from terminal from the install DVD?

I do not want to go thru the setup again.

Also any help on getting the WiFi to work would be appreciated.

Cheers,

DSP8000

oks....can you enter to leopard with -x at darwin promt???...if sooo....just delete it and thats all....if you install the kext with kexthelper it should be a copy of the original kext on /backup...

i f you cant enter with -x type this on the darwin promt

cd /Volumes/NAME OF THE LEOPARD HARD DRIVE

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf IO80211Family.kext

then you should restart and everything should be fine

by the way....there is not a working driver for the artheros Ar5007...so you should buy a usb wifi stick or swap to another mini pci-e like delltrumobile DW1390

hope this work!!

oks....can you enter to leopard with -x at darwin promt???...if sooo....just delete it and thats all....if you install the kext with kexthelper it should be a copy of the original kext on /backup...

i f you cant enter with -x type this on the darwin promt

cd /Volumes/NAME OF THE LEOPARD HARD DRIVE

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf IO80211Family.kext

then you should restart and everything should be fine

by the way....there is not a working driver for the artheros Ar5007...so you should buy a usb wifi stick or swap to another mini pci-e like delltrumobile DW1390

hope this work!!

Hi Joel,

tnx. for the quick reply

That is exactly what I did, booted in safe mode and deleted the conflicting kext, repaired disk permissions and all is OK now. I may have some spare apple cards at work and I'll see if I can get any of the working. The wifi cards are from macbook 13". If they fit on my Compaq then is it just a matter of finding the drivers or Leo has them built in?

Tnx. for any help upfront.

DSP8000

great!!

it should be any mini pci-e card...but since you delete the IO80211Family.kext, you need to download the airport update from apple or other install disc....first connect the new card and then install the update...if you install the update and then put the new card, you will have the kext conflict again!!

see yaaa!