Boot Error?

Cora

4 posts in this topic

I have gone through all the hassle of... Well, you know.

I have now gotten to the point where I have the patched DVD, and need to initially install it. Upon loading it, I press enter and it loads Darwin. After it is finished it quickly says 'Starting ...' and then my PC reboots without a trace.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or know if there is a fix for it.

(I looked around and haven't seen anything for this, and if I have redundantly recreated the topic, please redirect me and delete this one. :D )

I do not believe there are any Kernel Panics.

The last thing I see is the black Darwin screen where it boots with the spinning slash symbol; unless I put it to where I can see what it is loading. It sits and loads the files for about 2-3 minutes, and there really is no clear way to see what the last entry is because it immediately reboots at some point. I never get to see any sort of GUI beyond the BIOS interface.

My specs are:

Motherboard: Intel D101GGC

Processor: Intel Celeron D processor (SSE3)

Hard Disks: Maxtor 200 GB / Western Digital 120 GB (Slave)

Memory : 512 MB PC3200

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon X1050

Audio Adapter: On Board

Edit: It finishes loading, but when it says it is starting the OS X Installer it reboots immediately.

Alright, I found the problem. It was a defective image file, I have it booting into the installation screen now.

Only problem is that it won't install; I am thinking it is formatted incorrectly.