Startup issue of sorts

Dyonas

3 posts in this topic

I've given up installing on my laptop but my desktop seemed a much more likely candidate for an attempt. I've managed to now get Kalyway 10.5.2 installed and I'm in it as I type this. A small issue, probably a non-issue really but it annoys me and if I can fix it I'd like to know how. When I first boot up my computer it gives me an error about "HFS+ partition" and won't load. If I insert the Kalyway DVD and leave it, after the countdown it'll then boot successfully. It isn't a really huge deal and I can live with it if the fix it complicated or if there isn't one, otherwise I'd like to know how to fix it.

The other thing I'm wondering about is updating to 10.5.5 via software update. I let it install all the other updates last night except that one. The only option I changed during install was to specify 320mb using the NVInject install option, everything else worked fine and was picked up. Specs are below. I could always give it a try and reinstall if it goes wrong but someone else might know and be able to save me doing that, if so please let me know!

C2D 2.8GHz

4Gb DDR 6400

GeForce 8800GTS 320Mb

Asus P5W DH motherboard

I do have a Windows install on the computer but it shouldn't be an issue. I've got 3x HDs in the machine, 2 are set up as RAID the other isn't and the way the BIOS is set up it'll boot from CD / DVD then the non-RAID disc where OS X calls home. If I have no install DVD in the drive it'll pop to the OS X drive (which also hosts a Windows partition) then give the HFS+ error. It's complicated but that's the only way I could avoid it killing my Windows RAID array.

As for the updates, I've got those and will try a little later, thanks for the info!