USB Issues with KVM (I Have Read Every USB fix on here)

thesr5

2 posts in this topic

Ok, i have tried a Search for KVM issues as well with no luck also, i used the USB Mounting solutions, everything works as far as mounting a USB Device aka thumb drive, but when i use my USB KVM switch which controls my USB mouse and Keyboard, which allows me to switch between windows and OS X, i get an issue i can not seem to solve and was just wondering if anyone else may know what is going on, i have checked that my kernel and system are the same versions, i am running in 10.5.5 with a Voodoo_Beta2 Kernel, i have a Pent4 3.2Ghz processor 2GB DDR2 PC3200 Saphire HD3650 GFX card, onboard Broadcom Network, Mobo is an HP DC7100 SFF board, Before upgrading with 10.5.5 combo update i was in 10.5.4 and using the KVM with minimal to no issues, only once and a while Windows couldnt see the mouse and keyboard, and its not even if i switch over for a second or to, like i can switch to windows for a minute, but once i hit like the 5-10min mark then the OS X machine no longer sees it, i thought that a KVM would keep the connection alive until needed... but i dont know what the issue is, and its not the KVM as i even returned it when it started doing this and got a new one (same brand/model just new) does anyone know what the issue maybe? or how i could correct this to be able to use a KVM? i have (2) usb devices a mouse and keyboard, i even thought about getting USB to PS2 connectors and getting a PS2 KVM but i dont know if that would even do the trick, as i wish i could keep it a USB because of the features used by the mouse, Logitech G5, i have also tried using a standard mouse and keyboard, with the same results. Please any help would be appreciated, i thank all of you in advance

My Fix to this issue...

If anyone is still reading this thread i have switched to the Belkin 2-Port Flip Switch and it works great... it must be the way that the IOGear manages the constant steam of power to the USB Bus... but that is my fix for now, when i disconnect the mouse and keyboard from the OSX using the switch to windows, it even gives me a message on the screen that tells me that the mouse and keyboard are being used by another device at the moment. which is fine with me... as long as i can switch between the two i am fine... but there is my fix... Belkin Flip 2-Port USB KVM