Running Tiger 10.4.1 and downloadad apllication don't open

Laszlo Lebrun

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am running Tiger 10.4.1 (because it is the only kernel supporting my video) and i noticed that downloaded apllications (e.g. Kext Helper, e.g. Image converter) don't open.

The icon zooms in, than nothing. The icon is on the dock but i cannot get it to open a window.

Is that inherent to Tiger 10.4.1 (I have read that Tiger version 1 was not much more than a beta), or is it related to a wrong installation from my side. Does someone know the cure, sticking to 10.4.1, for the reasons mentionned above.

Thank you in advance.

Laszlo

Well, 10.4.1 is really old and it's obvious why any of your applications won't run, btw what's your video is it the GMA900 or Intel Extreme Graphics? If it's the newer 915G/GM chipset there are patches even for leopard (I have it and i'm on 10.5.5) and if it's the old GMA900 then your stuck on tiger 10.4.1. See this.

Well, 10.4.1 is really old and it's obvious why any of your applications won't run, btw what's your video is it the GMA900 or Intel Extreme Graphics? If it's the newer 915G/GM chipset there are patches even for leopard (I have it and i'm on 10.5.5) and if it's the old GMA900 then your stuck on tiger 10.4.1. See this.

Hmm my video is 855GM

:-(

But anyhow, maybe I am not alone with this old version.

Is it normal that for example KextHelper won't open?

My Log regularly reports:

crashdump[254]: oah750d crashed

crashdump[255]: ATSServer crashed

firts appears to be Rosetta and needs a patch to work with sse2, is it?

The second will be solved if Rosetta is running, is it?

Where can I find that patch?

Thnx!

Laszlo Lebrun