Final Cut Pro doesn't recognize my Canon XL2

caitya

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

Does some know the solution? I know that it is a common problem with FCP that it is very whimsical with video devices.

Someone suggested that it is Quicktime problem.

Please, help! I mainly made this hackintosh to cut with FCP.

Thanks!

Caitya

So what actually happens when you try to FW in the footage? Are you using a capture card? Anything else connected via Firewire? Have you tried other cameras, just for testing recognition? Has it ever worked successfully? Just trying to pry a little to get more details about the problem.

I have an ASUS P5K Premium with built-in FW and FCP recognized flawlessly my Panasonic GS-180.

Have you tried your camera with other software, like Avid Media Composer? Have you tried your camera on other OS, like Windows? Have you tried using another cable (I was caught on that one some time ago)?

Don't know if your camera would work like that, but with mine I was able to stick it into the FW port and iChat recognized it as a webcam. Maybe it would be a simple way to test it.

Good luck!

What chipset is your firewire card? It needs to be a TI to work properly with most editing software. Had this problem on the PC/xp as well as hackintosh.

I have a Pyro PCI64 that works fine. AFAIK the best deal card as all the others were over $100.