NVIDIA 7600 Go Problems, Kalyway -- (Solved)

RobotBanana

3 posts in this topic

I recently decided to try my luck with OSX, so I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Intel-based Toshiba Qosmio G30. Unfortunately I'm having a few problems with the graphics card, and after 3 days of searching I haven't been able to find a solution.

I've tried a handful of different drivers (NVinstaller, Natit, NVKush, the NVinjectorGo one that comes with Kalyway), and none of them will allow me to change the resolution or enable QE. Both the laptop's internal monitor and external through VGA work out of the box with the Kalyway-bundled NVinjectorGo, which is what I've been getting the best and most simple results with. The card is an NIVIDA GeForce 7600 Go with 128MB of RAM according to NVIDIA's site. On the Darwin boot screen, it says VESA v3.0 128MB (NVIDIA), so I assume that's right. But if I check the System Profiler, it says I have a total VRAM of 256MB. Don't know if this is a bad thing or not...

I don't have a clue where I should go from here to enable resolution switching and QE. Like I said, I've tried a myriad of different drivers and none of them enable these things. (However, if you know a certain driver definitely works on this hardware, feel free to give me instructions on how to set it up properly.... I probably screwed it up when I tried, heh.) Are there any settings that I need to configure for this to work or something?

Does anyone have any pointers or ideas?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

Problem solved. Evidently all I needed to do was use the NVinjectGo drivers bundled into the Kalyway 10.5.2 installation disk, and make sure I had an external monitor plugged in on first boot-up. Now graphics work flawlessly on the external monitor; switchable resolutions, hardware acceleration and QE enabled. The internal monitor doesn't work (I get the blue and white angel dust screen on boot), but I can live with that.

All of that playing around with drivers was just a waste of time. :D