No sleep-wakeup without PS2 devices

B612

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I have a retail Leopard 10.5.5 installation with EFI partition on a P4 630 prescott.

I'm using 9.5 Voodoo beta2c kernel.

I realized that my PC can sleep-wake up only if both my mouse and keyboard are connected via PS2.

If I connect them via USB, my PC can go to sleep, but it will keep sleeping. :) no wake up at all...

If I connect mouse and keyboard via PS2 when I first boot my PC and then I connect them via USB once the computer is on, then I can sleep and wake up. It seems that my PC needs to load something related to PS2 devices in order to work properly.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys.

Hey guys.

I have a retail Leopard 10.5.5 installation with EFI partition on a P4 630 prescott.

I'm using 9.5 Voodoo beta2c kernel.

I realized that my PC can sleep-wake up only if both my mouse and keyboard are connected via PS2.

If I connect them via USB, my PC can go to sleep, but it will keep sleeping. :( no wake up at all...

If I connect mouse and keyboard via PS2 when I first boot my PC and then I connect them via USB once the computer is on, then I can sleep and wake up. It seems that my PC needs to load something related to PS2 devices in order to work properly.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you guys.

Hi B612,

Does your USB controller support sleep function?

Chun-Nan

Hi B612,

Does your USB controller support sleep function?

Chun-Nan

I think so. My sleep works properly when all the other USB devices but mouse and keyboard are connected... don't know why.... is there a particular kext loaded only by PS2 mouse and Keyboard??

I have news. Today I made an experiment: I tried to boot WITHOUT mouse and keyboard, i.e. without plugging them via USB nor PS2. Once booted the system, I plugged them as USB, and then I tried to put it to sleep. It worked.

This means that the issue I'm facing is not related to something that PS2 devices should load during the boot process, but to something that mouse and keyboard load when they're connected as USB devices...