1680x1050 resolution missing

sadale

3 posts in this topic

I've been running my hackbox for months now, and it's great. I updated 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 via one of the combo updates (Kalyway or another one), and the 10.5.4 via Apple Updates. I recently did all of the other Apple Updates via Softwre Update except the 10.5.5 update.

I rebooted the box this morning, probably for the first time since doing those updates, and it comes up no problem, I still have CI/QE working, but I no longer have the option to set the display to 1680x1050. Doing an Auto Detect leaves me at 800x600.

The Display control panel says it's got support for all the 4:3 resolution screens. I can set it to 1400x1050 or 1600x1200, but of course those aren't optimum for my monitor and it looks like {censored}. I removed and reinstalled NVinject. I re-created the EFI strings for my card. I'm not sure where to go next, and it seems a little odd that this happened on the next reboot after doing an Apple Update, even though there were no system updates (at least that I know about) done by the update.

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if you solved your issues with this yet but the easy way to solve is to add the

"Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32"

To your com.apple.Boot.plist or type it every time you boot.

Otherwise there is an app called switchResXControl that will allow you to add custom resolutions.