Wireless for Acer Aspire 3610 Laptop (XXX 10.4.11) HELP!

missionaborted

4 posts in this topic

I'm a first time poster and have spent days trying to find information on intallation on an Acer Aspire 3610 (3613 WLMI) laptop. Finally, I got Vista and Osx (xxx 10.4.11) to work on the 3610, and everything works fine...

...except for the wireless internet. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get OS X to recognize the Intel integrated wireless card that comes with the Acer 3610. If anyone can help, that would be SUPER!

Also, if anyone with an Aspire 3610 wants information on how to install cleanly (Dual Boot) let me know.

Acer Aspire 3610 Specs:

Celeron M 1.7 Ghz<LI>512 MiB DDR II SDRAM-400 MHz (SODIMM 200 pins) <LI>40 GB HDD <LI>15.4" LCD display, 1280 x 800 <LI>DVD+-RW <LI>Mobile Intel 910GML Express chipset <LI>Broadcom BCM4318 wireless networking. <LI>Intel 915GM integrated graphics. <LI>Realtek RTL-8139 integrated ethernet. <LI>Intel 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW AC'97 Audio Controller, USB controllers, and modem

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given

No one else answered this question for me, so I did a bunch of looking around...

Finally I found information on iwi2200 - a driver created for the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG integrated wireless card that comes with the Acer Aspire 36

If anyone else is looking for information on this, try googling "iwi 2200" and you will find what you are looking for.

I'm sure I can't be the only one out there looking for information on this, so if it helps someone else, great!

• 5 months later...