10.5.3 Kalyway - OSX restarts instead of shutting down after adding USB LAN adapter. Help?

HolyCrap

3 posts in this topic

I got a Datel wii USB ethernet adapter which seemed to work great. However, I started noticing some troubles shortly after installing it. The one I've linked directly to the adapter is that OSX will no longer shut down. When I go to "Shut Down..." it appears to go through the normal process, but the computer immediately restarts after shutting down.

The Datel LAN adapter works in WinXP completely fine and I can shut down in XP without any problem. I've checked through my computer's BIOS for any kind of "wake on LAN" or "wake on USB" kind of settings, but there doesn't appear to be anything like that which would case this to happen.

If I unplug the adapter, OSX shuts down normally.

Anybody know what's up with this and if there's a cure?

Thanks

Bump

I know that there are 'fixes' for restart and shutdown problems, but they all seem related to the CPU and shutting down a core or whatever. Since my problem is directly related to my USB ehternet adapter, I'm hesitant to try random things for fear of it causing some other issue. Anybody seen something like this before?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump looking for help here. It's definitely just the USB lan adapter and it doesn't matter if there's an ethernet cable attached to it or not. If I pull it out before shutting down, the computer shuts down just fine but that's really not a viable solution. Anybody experience similar things with USB units?

Thanks