hp dv5t

Violent Marv

5 posts in this topic

This is a draft of the system on the hp site

Processor : Intel® Core2 Duo Processor P8400

Display : 15.4" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1680 x 1050)

Memory : 3GB DDR2 System Memory

Graphics card : 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Hard drive : 250GB 5400RPM SATA

Networking : Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth (Broadcom)

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
This is a draft of the system on the hp site

Processor : Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8400

Display : 15.4" diagonal WSXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1680 x 1050)

Memory : 3GB DDR2 System Memory

Graphics card : 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Hard drive : 250GB 5400RPM SATA

Networking : Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth (Broadcom)

thanks in advance

I've had some success with my dv5t, but not in the most ideal way. I did manage to get OS X installed and dual booting, but the networking hardware in my dv5t was not supported, so I obviously couldn't use the internet. If the laptop has an older wireless card, I have heard there is some work being done to support them, but mine is the latest Intel Wireless N card and is far from being supported. The only option I could see would be to use a USB NIC for networking. I didn't have one.

Consequently, without the internet there was no reason to keep the OS X dual booting. Instead, I moved over to using OS X in vmware. This has so far worked very well. There is a bit of a speed hit, but it's only slight and works extremely well for me. Networking is not an issue on vmware since the hardware is emulated, but the mouse does not scroll (yet).

That's as far as I've gotten so far... Hope this helps.

AbyssNOLF - which install disk did you use? did you install osx with an existing vista partition to dual boot or did you install osx then vista? Any special install instructions? Im curious because I may be getting this laptop soon and would like to install osx86 on it. I had very bad results with my compaq laptop and would like to know if installing it was troublesome.

-Ruddy

I managed most parts of my dv5t running. Now only WiFi card and Card reader could not be recognized.

There are some problems w/ the sound driver, the sound cannot work after wake up from sleep and the line-in mic doesn't work either. But the internal one is ok.