HDD Problem.

Vanhishikha

6 posts in this topic

I know this is probbaly a common problem, so Please don't bite my head off xD.

But I cannot get the hard-drives to show when installing Kalyways OSx86 10.5.2, I've tried putting them into Fat32, NTFS, the lot.

Doesn't seem to work, is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks in advanced.

-V.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like the dvd you're using doesn't support your sata/pata controller. No matter what filesystem your disc is, it should atleast recognize that it is there in the disk utility. I assume that before you start the actual install process you're opening up the disk utility on the dvd and formatting the desired partition as a mac partition; otherwise it will not show up in the actual install dialog box where it asks you to select which partition to install to. If no discs show up in the disk utility, try downloading other os x discs to try and get better support.

Well the thing is, i load the mac installer and i get to the point where it asks you for the Hard-drive destination, and the only option that is there is the DVD-Drive, now .. you can't install onto a DVD drive that's just idiotic.

So i did what some people have suggested which is go into Disk Utilities (I think it is called), and normally the HDD's would be there and you would have to Erase them, re-name them and it would work.

But there is no HDD's there either, But i'll do what you say and try and get a different version of Mac OSx86.

What would you Suggest that is a good Mac x86? That is around the same version 10.5.2+ and has good intel support?

Thanks.

-Van.

• 3 weeks later...
Well the thing is, i load the mac installer and i get to the point where it asks you for the Hard-drive destination, and the only option that is there is the DVD-Drive, now .. you can't install onto a DVD drive that's just idiotic.

So i did what some people have suggested which is go into Disk Utilities (I think it is called), and normally the HDD's would be there and you would have to Erase them, re-name them and it would work.

But there is no HDD's there either, But i'll do what you say and try and get a different version of Mac OSx86.

What would you Suggest that is a good Mac x86? That is around the same version 10.5.2+ and has good intel support?

Thanks.

-Van.

I am working with the Pav 9000 series as well (though mine is AMD). So far the only way I have been able to install is using a USB external IDE drive. I am trying to find out through reading if it is possible to add a kext to the install disk to give SATA support.

But once I have installed the system, it will boot up go into the gray screen and then tells me "You need to restart your computer..."