OSX PROBLEM ! HELP !

Markus21

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I got a new E6700 with 4GB of RAM a 300GB SATA Harddrive and try to use OSX Kalyway 10.5.2 on it.

But still got a big Problem.

Started from DVD and go into the Disk Utility, no Prob.

I choosed a journaled Partition and erased it. Fine !

I installed the OSX , also works.

Now I reboot my System, OSX starts with the short Welcome Video and the X.

Ok, then I choose my Country and Keyboard (Germany) and klick Continue

then it opens the screen with the Transfer Question (you know? From another Mac or something…)

I choose "Do not…… " then after some seconds the First "welcome screen" with the Video starts again ?!?!?!

I cant finalize the Setup Assistant… Do anyone know why?!?!

Hope someone can help me, I try this a long time but the last Screen is the Transfer screen…….

And then again the Video Welcome – Bienvenue and so on……

Thanks a lot...........

My PC is:

Mainboard: Fatality FP-IN9 SLI - supported

CPU: E6700 Intel Core 2 Duo - should also be supported

RAM: 4GB DDR2, 800MHz

HDD: 300GB SATA Drive formatted to (MAC Extended (Journaled))

:P ????????????????????????????????????? :)

This is a bug many people have, I can't remember exactly why it happens but your not alone. I always got around it by adding the boot flag

"Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" (quotes are needed in this case, type exactly as shown)

This starts it up in a resolution too low for the start up wizard to run, and will start you at the login screen with the administrator account visible. From there, you can log into the administrator account, and manually setup your account. Reboot without the graphics mode flag and it should start up normal, ready to go.

This is a bug many people have, I can't remember exactly why it happens but your not alone. I always got around it by adding the boot flag

"Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" (quotes are needed in this case, type exactly as shown)

This starts it up in a resolution too low for the start up wizard to run, and will start you at the login screen with the administrator account visible. From there, you can log into the administrator account, and manually setup your account. Reboot without the graphics mode flag and it should start up normal, ready to go.

Ok, i understand nothing in my bad english, lol

What should i do i have installed it already. Should i install it again? or what?

Could you please describe me what i have to do......

Tanks a lot.

Greets Markus