Ms Habu users!

Turki

1 post in this topic

I came across this great guide just thought i would share it :)

http://blog.x-caiver.com/2007/01/installin...habu-mouse.html

Using the mouse under Mac OS X

1) Why is this here? Mice are plug & play on the Mac right? Yes, they are. But, someone decided to pre-program the mouse buttons, making use of the on-board memory in the Habu. By default buttons 6 & 7 are set to dynamically change mouse speed. If you use software on the Mac to configure your buttons, you'll find the buttons do what you want - plus randomly changing your mouse speed!

2) The Habu software only works on Windows, so you'll need access to it. If you have access to a Windows XP machine, then follow the 'installing the mouse for the first time' directions, then come back here to step 4

3) If you use Parallels then do the following

3a) Plug the Habu in to your Mac

3b) Launch Parallels, and when your virtual window opens click the USB icon and click the 'Habu Mouse' entry, so that a check mark appears beside it.

3c) If you got that done before Windows got to the desktop then proceed to the 'installing the mouse for the first time' directions

3d) If you didn't, reboot your Windows install and then proceed to the 'installing the mouse for the first time' directions

You will probably not be able to do the firmware update via Parallels, at least the version-of-the-day doesn't allow it to work. I assume it is becuase of how the USB proxy/emulation stuff works conflicting with how the firmware updated wants to access the mouse. If you can't do the firmware update part, don't do the version 2 software update part either. This doens't really matter becuase you won't be using this software anyway. The updated firmware does fix some bugs that occur when you are moving hte mouse really fast, so if you have access to an XP machine and you flail the mouse around a lot you may want to do it.

4) Double-click the icon to launch the Habu configuration window

5) Click the box next to the '6' (which will default to DPI up or down) and set it to 'Click', do the same for the box next to the '7'

6) At the bottom of the configuration window there is a 'Profile' line with the '1' illuminated. Switch to profile 2, and repeat step 5. Repeat for all 5 profiles.

7) Click 'OK' to save the changes to the mouse.

8) Return to your Mac (i.e. quit Parallels if you were using it, bring the mouse back to the Mac if you had a separate computer)

9) Configure the mouse buttons as you wish without worrying about random speed changes. I'll post a seperate blog in a few days on configuring input devices with an awesome piece of software I recently found.

Im using this method with Steermouse and it works perfectly!

Remember to change the settings on all profiles because it seems that the profiles can change randomly, at least they did to me :P