Installing Kalyway 10.5.2 on Intel DG35EC says a system config file is not found

Chetan Thaker

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I'm a TOTAL newbie to Hackint0sh and would really appreciate some help from you guys :D

So finally I downloaded the 'Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso' file via torrents and been dying to install it on my new PC

Here are the specs

Intel Core2Duo E7200 @2.53Ghz

Intel Original Board DG35EC

2GB DDR2 RAM @ 800 Mhz

Onboard Graphics Intel GMA X3500

More info on my Mobo here -> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/moth...EC-overview.htm

DVD Writer - IDE - LG GSA-H10N (16x)

Seagate 500GB SATA (I have 15GB as 'Unallocated' right at the end of this drive - is this enough for a newbie ?)

I burnt the OSX DVD and GParted on a CD and rebooted my PC from Windows XP. I inserted the Kalyway DVD in my DVD Drive and waited for the boot prompt as suggested in the instructions wiki on the osx86project website

I just saw an error that said 

'System config file '/com.apple.boot/plist, not found'

I try doing a -v and hitting enter, but the same error pops up continuously

Can someone please suggest what I can do to sort this out ?

In one of the posts in the Hardware Compatibility List topic, I remember one of the senior members in the community saying that the said motherboard works (except for the onboard LAN) - This was tested on leo4all v3 - I will be downloading that over the week (thanks to the sorry excuse of an internet connection at my place)

Please let me know if Kalyway would work and how do I go about installing it, since this would help save a lot of time and bandwidth :D

Thanks and Good Luck

Chetan