Computer restarts itself!

Mike Waggz

10 posts in this topic

When I try booting Leo4Allv4.1 I keep getting to similar points but then it restarts itself. The farthest I have made it was the very beginning of the installation but I didn't even get to select the language.

I'm using a HP Pavillion dv2000

My processor is AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-58

I'm using SSE2/ SSE3

My chipset is a nForce 560

Now a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5VkZBkrMFs&fmt=18

I followed this tutorial on how to fix my chipset but it still isn't working.

Here are some pictures I took of where some of them stop. Sorry for the flash but I didn't have time to turn off the flash because the camera was dieing.

Meh014.jpg

Meh015.jpg

Meh017.jpg

When I try booting Leo4Allv4.1 I keep getting to similar points but then it restarts itself. The farthest I have made it was the very beginning of the installation but I didn't even get to select the language.

I'm using a HP Pavillion dv2000

My processor is AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-58

I'm using SSE2/ SSE3

My chipset is a nForce 560

I followed this tutorial on how to fix my chipset but it still isn't working.

Here are some pictures I took of where some of them stop. Sorry for the flash but I didn't have time to turn off the flash because the camera was dieing.

Meh014.jpg

Meh015.jpg

Meh017.jpg

Does it reboot or does it loop back to the OS X Welcome video......?

It reboots.

First check your BIOS settings.....I suggest you disable Firewire (IEEE1394) initially, likewise onboard LAN......what are your other bios settings.....and how are they set.....

Then try other AMD compatible kernels.....

First check your BIOS settings.....I suggest you disable Firewire (IEEE1394) initially, likewise onboard LAN......what are your other bios settings.....and how are they set.....

Then try other AMD compatible kernels.....

I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm still on Windows Vista if that makes a difference and I don't know why but when I go into my BIOS it only lets me change the date and time.

I don't know if I mentioned this but I'm still on Windows Vista if that makes a difference and I don't know why but when I go into my BIOS it only lets me change the date and time.

Running Vista should not prevent you from entering the BIOS but with your BIOS offering so few options it is difficult to know what to suggest next.......perhaps check in Google to see what others have said about BIOS updates and/or customization etc.....

If you cannot change your BIOS settings then you can try installing other AMD compatible kernels....