Help with HD 3850 & EFIStudio

poolshark021

2 posts in this topic

I haven't seen this problem on any forum. I am trying to get my Sapphire HD 3850 card enabled using efi strings. The problem is when I use EFIStudio to insert the string into com.apple.boot.plist, on a reboot I get 'error parsing plist Loading Darwin/x86'. I have to -s login to remove the string in order to boot back into the desktop. I have tried the original version of EFIStudio along with the triakis modded one and I get the same problem with both. I have looked over the com.apple.boot.plist file and nothing looks out of the ordinary (no missing < /> or anything like that).

I am using an efi boot partition on a retail install. I also have tried to use the boot-132 cd that I used for the retail install and I get the same error. I have tried to modify the existing com.apple.boot.plist file in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration first, then i tried to copy it to the boot partition but it doesn't make a difference.

Rig is:

Retail 10.5 Install w/ 10.5.2 Combo Update from Apple

C2D E8400 @3.8 Ghz

Abit IP35 Pro

4GB PC2-8000 G.Skill

Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512MB

300GB SATA HD (AHCI)

SATA DVD (AHCI)

I have since used the same com.apple.Boot.plist file without the efi partition, using chameleon bootloader and it works fine. I have also updated to 10.5.5 with the system updater. I now have QE/CI on 10.5.5, but no efi partition. There are plenty of people using an efi partition with efi strings and it works fine for them. Am I missing something? I have tried loading all the ati kexts on the efi partition with no luck. Any ideas??