Nvidia network card briefly worked- Help-

Ironpenguin

4 posts in this topic

I just installed Kalaway 10.5.2 with the forcedeath nvidia network drivers needed for my mobo. After booting, everything seemed fine except the network. When I opened the control panel and changed my settings to DHCP with manual IP, the connection magically started working. Great.

I opened safari, poked at a few pages for a minute or two, and started downloading firefox. Then I got the "reset your system" message for some reason. Upon reboot, the network connection will not work at all, no matter how I change the settings. It insists I don't have the cable plugged in, but I do. Booting into linux or XP still has network connectivity.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ok, so as I poke around, the nforce 680 doesn't seem to play well from a network perspective. Is that still the case? I'm really weirded out by the 20 seconds of perfect network connectivity I had. Where did that come from? It gave me some false hope here. I see some posts about losing it 10 minutes after booting, but I think this is different...

Ok, I'm a n00b tard for not researching this before posting. I'm only going to bump this because the question I still have is- Why did my network card work for 45 seconds? I have seen posts about different cards working from boot to about 10 minutes, but I haven't seen this strange problem before, and I can't get it to replicate this, no matter what. It seems if it can work for 45 seconds, there must be something I can do to get it to work full time. It was working before I applied any drivers (forcedeath or the more recent one). Now it just says my network cable is unplugged, and sometimes the light comes on on the router port the PC is connected to, sometimes it doesn't.

Any suggestions?