can i get leopard on this hardware?

LucasIsEpic

2 posts in this topic

ive been dabbling into OSX86 for a while now and im getting fed up of stuck screens and leaving my pc on over night just to get more non working torrents.. :)

so im asking.. no begging for some of you to tell me if my hardware is supported or not. and if it is. with which release.

im willing to remove one of the 8800gt's if, as im sure sli isnt working on osx86

my hard ware is in my sig. and if you need more details just ask. :)

the errors i receive on the unix part change so i cant give you them off the top of my head. :( either way the first i had was a boot device not found. so i changed the jumpers around. i don't get that any more then i got a fire wire error so i disabled it in the bios and that was resolved by that. the last error im not sure what happened as i cant recall what it was. i think it was something like

"

BOOT 00

~" :(

then it just stays

i really wud like to install this and yes i know i made the "mistake" of going amd..(lol) but i think with the specs i have. leopard wud be screaming uknow? :P

either way i hope this doesnt get ignored or deleted as is the norm on insanlymac

ive been dabbling into OSX86 for a while now and im getting fed up of stuck screens and leaving my pc on over night just to get more non working torrents.. :)

so im asking.. no begging for some of you to tell me if my hardware is supported or not. and if it is. with which release.

im willing to remove one of the 8800gt's if, as im sure sli isnt working on osx86

my hard ware is in my sig. and if you need more details just ask. :)

the errors i receive on the unix part change so i cant give you them off the top of my head. :) either way the first i had was a boot device not found. so i changed the jumpers around. i don't get that any more then i got a fire wire error so i disabled it in the bios and that was resolved by that. the last error im not sure what happened as i cant recall what it was. i think it was something like

"

BOOT 00

~" :D

then it just stays

i really wud like to install this and yes i know i made the "mistake" of going amd..(lol) but i think with the specs i have. leopard wud be screaming uknow? :P

either way i hope this doesnt get ignored or deleted as is the norm on insanlymac

BIOS settings or your BIOS equivalents should be

Execute Disable Bit or XD-Bit [Enabled] or NX Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

AHCI Mode [Enabled]

MBR to give fewer issues for people than GUID. Also you need to choose an installer DVD that will work with your AMD processor.....also suggest that you boot the DVD with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" to avoid any RAM and Multi-core CPU issues..... :)