Will the Griffen Firewave work with Bootcamp?

mknabster

1 post in this topic

I just bought the Logitech G51 surround set for my MBP. I noticed a real lack of sound quality coming from them, like the treble was way too high when i boosted the volume and the singing/voices got drowned out with the surround. So i called Logitech, and they told me i need to get the Griffen Firewave for use with my Mac. So i went and bought, and i'm waiting for it to come in. I called Griffen and asked them if the Firewave would work with Bootcamp on my PC side. They said they haven't tested it, so they didn't know. So i caled Logitech and asked them, and they said it would work. Does anyone have this Firewave who use it with their Bootcamp? And also, why would a representative from Griffen say something different than Logitech. What i though was odd too, was i checked Griffen's site to see if there is anything said about PC compatibility, and i found the Firewave listed underneath Mac/PC category, but then i clicked on it, and it showed icons for Mac, not PC. I'm just thinking that with XP, you might need a driver for it, but i'm not sure.