Gigabyte shutdown problem ? AppleHDAController problem ?

peterg

4 posts in this topic

hi

i have a gigabyte p35 dq6 motherboard, 4GB ram NVIDIA 8800GT gfx card, sata hard drives.

i have installed osx from my original dvd, used chameleon and bootefi to get all the hardware working.

i have sleep, restart, audio in/out on the 889a, graphics with nvidia 8800gt all working

best hac i have had since 10.4.10!

anyway, the last thing that i have been struggling with is shutdown. i can't work out what the problem is.

if i boot in safe mode, the hac shuts down as properly.

if i shutdown in normal mode i get a kernel panic.

the system log made no reference to the panic so i booted into single user mode.

i have the error:

CPU halted
panic(cpu 0 acller 0x003EB7BC): "A driver releasing a(n) AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.7.58/libkern/c++/OSObject.cpp:241
Debugger called:

I have tried copying the original AppleHDAController from my macbook - that just made the sound not work again. so i used the taruga tool to fix that again. ( i did this i read that the Taruga tool (AppleHDAPatcher) wasnt quite right for 10.5.5. is there a newer version of Taruga's tool out?)

another post i read talked about installing the CHUD.pkg and small script - tried that and had no difference.

Given that shutdown works in safe mode, i guess it is some sort of kext problem?

Personally, I also like to sleep, so I thought I would ask the wiser people if they have any experience with this problem, rather than bang my own head against a wall until 2 am again....

So, any words of wisdom ?

anyway, the last thing that i have been struggling with is shutdown. i can't work out what the problem is.

if i boot in safe mode, the hac shuts down as properly.

if i shutdown in normal mode i get a kernel panic.

Same here, but with one twist. If I have connected to a network through ethernet, it happens. If I clean out the preferences and reinstall the OpenHaltRestart kext, everything is fixed. Hmmm. Don't know which of these things are making the difference, and I should really do these alleged fixes one at a time.