Missing Songs and Document, Loss of Connectivity

Arun985

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 installed on my PC, and it has been working out pretty well. However, I have been having some weird problems.

My first problem has to do with either iTunes or Leopard itself. I recently moved my iTunes library to an external FAT32 drive so I can access it and add to it from both Leopard and Vista. When I opened iTunes in Leopard a little while after this transfer, iTunes had some how lost track of about half my library. When I checked my iTunes music folder for the missing tracks, they were gone. At this point I thought something weird had happened and that all these missing songs somehow got deleted during the transfer. But then I logged into Vista, and the supposedly "missing" songs were right where I left them. As I mentioned earlier, I am using the exact same iTunes library, on the exact same drive in both Vista and Leopard. So, how does something like this happen? And how would I go about getting Leopard to recognize these "missing" tracks?

My next problem may be a common one. Whenever Leopard sleeps, I lose my internet connection when I return to it. I am currently working around this problem by not letting Leopard sleep at all. Is there a fix for this problem? Or is what I'm doing currently the best solution?

My last problem is that for some reason Leopard does not recognize the files in the Documents folder of my Vista disk. When I go into that folder from Leopard, there is nothing there. I understand that Leopard cannot write to NTFS disks, but I know it can read it. In fact, that is the only folder I have a problem with on that disk. Leopard sees everything else on that disk, but nothing in the Documents folder. I find this to be kinda weird. Solution or explanation?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The Documents folder i'm referring to is the Documents folder in Vista, which has a bunch of folders/docs/stuff in it. When I open that folder in Leopard, nothings there. Why would Leopard not be able to display this stuff?

As for the iTunes problem, I know its not a format issue cuz if it was none of songs would appear in iTunes. As I mentioned in my original post, about half my library can be accessed by iTunes. My question is, why can iTunes in Leopard access some songs in my library but not others?