Upgrading iATKOS v1i to 10.5.4 Via Apple Software Update

Vincible

2 posts in this topic

Is it possible to upgrade iATkOS to the latest OS version via the Apple Software Update? I read on one article that it could be at school, but I think they are talking about the other updates pertaining to iTunes, and Quicktime, not the actual OS update. Every time I download the 10.5.5 update, and try to install it, my CPU is stopped by Leopard (this is all done in VMWare), and it crashes. I go to reboot my vm, and my OS stalls... Obviously it's due to faulty installation to where it must be re-installed from scratch. Still, I am just wondering if there is any way to upgrade? I downloaded iATKOS v4i, and it would take forever to do any sort of action on the installation disk. Once it would get to the installation phase, it would take literally hours to go through. I left it sit for 6 hours, and it was only 75% through. Could this be due to a bad disk burn? I re-burnt twice, so it does not seem so...

*bump*

Also, I found some upgrade guides on OSx86. It turns out that I can't use the direct Software Update, and that I need to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext while upgrading. I did that, updated the scripts, and did some other things. The problem is that I have a stack fault when I start up my VM now... Any ideas on how to fix this? This would be really apprieciated!