Updated Laptop List?

3 posts in this topic

I was excited to see the list of fully compatible laptops in the sticky section.

Not so excited to see that it was over two years old.

I'm trying to pick up a cheap Hackintosh laptop on craigslist and don't really have the time to wrestle with installation. I can find my way around the BIOS and a bootloader if necessary but I don't have time to track down and extract drivers from other packages or edit and delete kext files.

I have checked the HCL but that list is hard to wrestle with because it includes partially working devices as well as devices that require lots of "hacking" to work.

Is there an update list, similar to the one in the sticky section, of laptops fully compatible with the latest iterations of the OSX86 project?

Thanks for helping a lazy noob who needs some solid sound advice.

Pairustwo.

I was excited to see the list of fully compatible laptops in the sticky section.

Not so excited to see that it was over two years old.

I'm trying to pick up a cheap Hackintosh laptop on craigslist and don't really have the time to wrestle with installation. I can find my way around the BIOS and a bootloader if necessary but I don't have time to track down and extract drivers from other packages or edit and delete kext files.

I have checked the HCL but that list is hard to wrestle with because it includes partially working devices as well as devices that require lots of "hacking" to work.

Is there an update list, similar to the one in the sticky section, of laptops fully compatible with the latest iterations of the OSX86 project?

Thanks for helping a lazy noob who needs some solid sound advice.

Pairustwo.

Try the Dell Latitude D620......

CPU=dual core now works with tscsync

keyboard--Works

Sound Sigmatel 9200----Works

Graphics=gma950---Works

PCMCIA slot---Works

Wireless=dell wireless 1390 detected as airport

sleep=WELL THERES ALWAYS A CATCH...

Did you mean the Dell Latitude D620?

It seems like it only has support for a single core.

So Intel machines that have come out in the last two years haven't become more compatible? My assumption was that since all intel CPUs were now at leaset SSE3 then the out of box and folks working on the Hackintosh distribution have been at it for years, the Out Of Box compatibility would have shot up.

Is that not the case?

I know there are in seemingly infinite number of configurations out there with more hardware being developed every day so maybe I was more than a little naive.

It seems like Dells are the most frequently compatible, Is that the case?

And, I wan't to ask one more time: There isn't an out of box best bet for laptops list anywhere?

Thanks.

pairustwo