Need no dvd Leopard install(off of usb drive preferably)

Shardman

1 post in this topic

I guess that part of this is inexperience with the osx86 stuff but i have followed a few guides on copying the dmg to a flash drive to install. Thus far even when i use diskutility to restore the image it wont boot off of the usb drive and i did set the partition as active. The normal dvd install is fine for my laptop but on my tower it wont install and hangs at:

"Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>

IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

The towers specs:

Mobo: Intel DG965

Processor: Celeron 530 1.8 GHz

Ram: 1GB

80GB SATA hard drive

IDE DVD +rw Drive

My laptop is a Toshiba Satalite A135-S4656

1.6 GHz Celeron

160 GB SATA hard drive

DVD RW Super-multi drive( not sure if ide or sata but my guess is sata)

Any ideas on how to get the usb drive to work or about the where the tower hangs?

edit: I redid my leopard hard drive on my laptop into 2 partitions. One is Leopard the other is a Leopard install. On my laptop it boots into either with no trouble so tonight or tomorrow I will try it on my tower.

10-14-08: I didnt have time to check it out till yesterday and it didnt work. Still comes up with the same error. Would it be because I am still running it from the inside channels? When I have time I am going to try instaling the darwin bootloader to my 8gb flash drive and see if that will work