Chameleon Default Boot

6 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

Currently, by default chameleon boots to volume number 0. My kalyway volume number is 9 and hard disk is 0. i gave the command rd=disk0s9 at startup where the

"boot:" prompt appears. It did not work. Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
please help

This might help......?

As I understood it Chameleon boots from the partition set as "ACTIVE", a long time ago I needed Chameleon to boot from the first HFS+ partition and not the first ACTIVE one. They sent me this Chameleon version, you can try it and see if it works!

In my setup it meant that I could boot from a Winblows Partition, choose MacOSX in the BCD and on the Darwin it would then NOT use the first active partition(Winblows) but the MacOSX one!!

Try it it might solve your problem by booting from the first HFS+ partition!

You may also only use the boot file in the Contents/Resources/boot directory

SticMAC

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ufon3muzmjm

Many thanks for the help, SticMan. There has been a change in the partition with which I boot. This is because when I installed the 10.5.6 update, my PS2 devices stopped working and I had to install fresh Kalyway 10.5.2 to figure out the proper kexts required for 10.5.6. Presently, I have two OS installed:

on disk0s1: Kalyway 10.5.6 which i want to use

on disk0s2: Kalyway 10.5.2 which i had installed only for getting my PS2 devices working in 10.5.6

Chameleon has 10.5.2 as my default.

The boot.plist of 10.5.2 has a timeout of 5 seconds and the boot.plist of 10.5.6 has a time out of 1 seconds. Since, the timeout at boot is 5 seconds, i understand that boot.plist of 10.5.2 is being used. In near future, when i shall format my 10.5.2 partition, i am afraid that i may find error like "boot.plist" not found. One more dumb thing that i did: i installed chameleon 1.0.11 on 10.5.6 partition and 1.0.12 on 10.5.2 partition. I hope you understand my problem clearly. Please guide me on how I should make sure that 10.5.6 is booted by default(presently, 10.5.2 is the default) and that it continues to be default even when after a few days i shall format by 10.5.2 partition.