Mouse is stuck in upper left corner

jmc1

4 posts in this topic

I just put OSX on my Dell Inspiron 1501 using the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, and I have it booting, but whenever I try to move the mouse it snaps to the upper left corner. I've tried plugging and unplugging mice but it still happens (there is no option in the BIOS to disable the trackpad). Is there a way to fix this, preferably a way that will work using only the keyboard?

Thank you!

ok, i had the same problem as you had, i have a optical laser mouse with a on off switch, whenever i have to start installation, i have to turn mouse off and turn back on when select language comes up. if your mouse doesnt have a on off switch, but its wireless, take out a battery and put it back in, do something like that just as long as the mouse is powered off somehow.

Unfortunately doing that made no difference. As I said before, I have a trackpad that cannot be disabled, and no matter what I do it still snaps. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in but still no difference. Isn't there some boot parameter that disables the trackpad or something?