Atheros AR5B91

waxedstrong

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a new Acer laptop (Aspire 5735-4624), and it has the Atheros AR5B91 wireless card. Has anyone got this working by chance? Or would anyone know how to get this working. It is the last thing I need before my laptop is fully functional.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've managed to get things working under Windows XP /32 for my Asus X58C containing AR5B91 wireless card. The drivers are found here:

http://www.atheros.cz/download.php?atheros...91&system=1

or the direct link:

http://download2.dvd-driver.cz/atheros/dri....0.239-whql.zip

Make sure you are installing version 7.6.0.239 (or later). It seems that most of the driver databases out there tend to contain version .224 which does not work.

There are TWO BIG THINGS to know:

1. The INF file that comes with these drivers appears to be wrong - it does not correctly detect AR5B91 card. By default it would install a driver for a different card, and that driver will be freezing the system. You must manually select AR5B91 from the list of the devices when installing this driver.
  2. It looks like this driver may sometimes cause instability to the system. I did two things after which the situation has improved a bit: 1) updated firmware in my wireless router; 2) updated ACPI drivers.

Now my card works in 300Mb mode (the "n") well most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
... and it has the Atheros AR5B91 wireless card. Has anyone got this working by chance? Or would anyone know how to get this working. It is the last thing I need before my laptop is fully functional.

Atheros AR5B91

PCI dev : 168C 002A

Same thing here ... any news ? Any drivers developer that can be so kindly to give us a chance :D

Thank you

Mr Stock

• 4 weeks later...