Very Close with Boot-132, but having reboot issues

sumocomputers

4 posts in this topic

OK, the machine is a Toshiba A135-S2246 Laptop.

I installed a Kalyway 10.5.2, and everything works great no problem (video required a small .plist edit). So I know that the machine boots into OS X, and works fine with Kalyway.

My next step was trying to do a clean 10.5 install with my Retail Leopard DVD, using the Boot-132 method. This way I can update directly from Apple, and get to 10.5.5 hopefully.

The best success so far is using the one from the Boot-132 post linked below (called .ISO with modified kexts). The problem is that it will begin booting from the Leopard Retail DVD, and about 30-60 seconds in, it just reboots. I also tried using the generic.iso, but that doesn't even get to the "boot:" prompt.

I am pretty sure there are some kexts I need to add (or take out?) in the initrd.dmg, but I am trying to figure out which ones, but don't even know if this is the problem. I am trying to compare what works so well with the 10.5.2 Kalyway, and maybe try to emulate that, but thought if someone has seen this issue before, they might point me in the right direction. I did a search, and could not really find anything similar. Sorry if this is already posted, or I left out some info.

Thanks

Chris

PS - I used this for Boot-132 attempt:

Download .ISO with modified kexts: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv

OK, the machine is a Toshiba A135-S2246 Laptop.

I installed a Kalyway 10.5.2, and everything works great no problem (video required a small .plist edit). So I know that the machine boots into OS X, and works fine with Kalyway.

My next step was trying to do a clean 10.5 install with my Retail Leopard DVD, using the Boot-132 method. This way I can update directly from Apple, and get to 10.5.5 hopefully.

The best success so far is using the one from the Boot-132 post linked below (called .ISO with modified kexts). The problem is that it will begin booting from the Leopard Retail DVD, and about 30-60 seconds in, it just reboots. I also tried using the generic.iso, but that doesn't even get to the "boot:" prompt.

I am pretty sure there are some kexts I need to add (or take out?) in the initrd.dmg, but I am trying to figure out which ones, but don't even know if this is the problem. I am trying to compare what works so well with the 10.5.2 Kalyway, and maybe try to emulate that, but thought if someone has seen this issue before, they might point me in the right direction. I did a search, and could not really find anything similar. Sorry if this is already posted, or I left out some info.

Thanks

Chris

PS - I used this for Boot-132 attempt:

Download .ISO with modified kexts: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv

what are ALL of your systems specs?

what are ALL of your systems specs?

Sorry about that. Here is what I can find:

Intel® Celeron® M Processor 430 (recognized by Leopard as Intel Core Solo)

1.73GHz, 1MB L2, 533MHz FSB

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M Chipset

1024MB PC4200 memory

Atheros® 802.11b/g wireless-LAN

Phoenix BIOS, V1.40

SATA Hard Drive - Toshiba MK8032GSX

SATA DVD Combo Drive - UJDA770

Not sure if that is detailed enough, but I can try to find anything else that might be important.

• 5 months later...

The issue with this laptop i have the same one but i updated ram, Cpu & hdd

The Issue is that the bios in this series is set to only work with vista properly if you could maybe flash the laptop with the bios from a macbook pro then you should be able to install retail mac os x with out a issue

My Specs Match 100%

Toshiba A135-S2246

Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz

Ati Radeon X200M

2GB Ram

Sata 120gb HDD

I can get mac os x To work With all except the sleep function and a battery meter