Dell Inspiron 1521

7 posts in this topic

I see a couple of people have completed most of the installation for the amd version of this laptop. I say most because from searching, seems video is a little buggy. But anywho. Is there anyone around that can help me install Leo on this?I been trying for 3 days...I got kaly, ideneb, and leopard amd which i have no IDEA what it is. Anyone that has time, please help out... Thanks alot.

First off you have a AMD machine so dont expect installation to be easy.

forget vanilla kernel or the 123 methode ect you nead a installation that has amd support.

leo4all v3 (give moost succes) so go get

Now second you nead to find out exactly what hardware you got verry important for the installation

proces because you have to manualy select the drivers you nead to install.

What proccer you have

you said AMD does it support sse2 or sse3

what sound chip you have i think its the 9205?

video

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 8400M GS with 128MB DDR2

NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 8600M GT with 256MB DDR2

ATI Radeon x1270

there is loads more like what lan chip do you have

wireless chipset you are using.

you have to know all that befor you go installing

if you have all this you can start installing your system.

ehm remember. if you have a multi core processor try disabeling 1 core just interupt the boot proces and type in as a option cpus=1. loads of laptop guys do that has to do with the system not able to cope with mutli processors.

good luck to you

leo4all you say? will get that. so just to a raw install when installing the os? dont customize nada? i know as long as i can get it to boot up ill be bale to get the drivers all installed. but i guess getting it to boot up really aint that easy at all lol. ima get leo4all to see if i can get it to boot.

i have the 1521 too.

see my other post here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=130320&hl=

i have since tried wiping and starting over to try and select different options in the set up and have so far been able to install a kalyway (10.4 and 10.5.2), ideneb 10.5.5 and 10.5.4, and no matter what i select, i am no longer able to boot after a successful installation...its really frustrating lol...it either reboots just as soon as the darwin loader starts, or depending on if i chose another kernel (speedstep or sleep) it just goes to a black screen, or sometimes i get the waiting for root device error...

anyway i am kicking myself now for wiping lol...

but one thing i can say...the ideneb versions i did not even detect my dvd/cd drive in the disk utility, but the kalyway and iatkos did....

i'm downloading a leo4all now so i'll try to update later...