Anyone tried an Extensa 5420-5038?

ECas123

6 posts in this topic

Just got this notebook and was thinking about putting 10.5 on it but don't know whether to try Kalaway or iAktos. Here are the specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 1.9 GHz Dual-Core Processor TK-57
  • 2 BB DDR2 RAM
  • 120 GB hard drive
  • Super Multi DVD±RW DL drive
  • ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 integrated video

so can someone point me in the right direction?

Based on my friend's experience trying to install any OSX86 on his Extensa 5420 I don't think so. He did get them to install, but not to run successfully. The closest was getting it to install, but on the subsequent reboot, was met with a Kernal Panic almost immediately.

Based on my friend's experience trying to install any OSX86 on his Extensa 5420 I don't think so. He did get them to install, but not to run successfully. The closest was getting it to install, but on the subsequent reboot, was met with a Kernal Panic almost immediately.

:censored2: . Would you happen to know why it didn't work? Is it the processor?

:censored2: . Would you happen to know why it didn't work? Is it the processor?

I think so personally. But I have seen YouTube vids of others installing on AMD processors, so that may not be the case. Other than that we're stumped. He since gave up on it "for the most part" & installed Ubuntu instead.

I think so personally. But I have seen YouTube vids of others installing on AMD processors, so that may not be the case. Other than that we're stumped. He since gave up on it "for the most part" & installed Ubuntu instead.

Was it the Extensa 5420-5038? because from what I've seen on Acer's website there might be a couple different versions of the 5420