MAC iNSTALLATION probs..

dramit

3 posts in this topic

I downloaded MAC OS X from a torrent website. That is "JaS OSx86 10.4.6 Install DVD" that works on Intel and AMD systems, both SSE2 and SSE3 CPUs.

i burned it on DVD & started installation. Now after a few steps.. it asks to select Destination drive ( Location ) to install MAC OS X but it does'nt show any of my drives to select..!! The option field is blank. So installation cant proceed further.

Is there any step i m forgetting..? Do i require any kind of new partition to be created b4 installing MAC..?

Can i get step by step instructions to install MAC on my PC..?

dETAILS of my machine :

Compaq presario notebook pc with intel celeron M processor 410 @ 1.46 Ghz.

RAM - 1 Gb

O.S.- Windows XP Professional service pack 2

Plz help me.. ;)

*** Changing the partition table can be harmful for your data. I recommend to make a backup before using any partition software***

You will probably need to reduce the size of your current Windows or data partition to free some space for the OS X installation. I recommend to use a gParted live cd or any other linux live CD that contains gParted (or Partition Magic incase you have it).

Boot the disk again and select your prefered language. There is a menu at the top of the screen. Go to "Utilities" -> "Disk Utility" (or whatever it is called in the selected language). This utility can be used to format/create a partition on your hard drive. The newly created Mac OS Partition will show up in the installer.