Grey Screen just after apple boot screen

philip1792

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

On the first boot after installation (Using JaS 10.5.4 Server / Client SSE etc. edition)

I get the apple boot screen with the *loading circle* just beneath the logo. Then the screen goes sky blue and then reverts to the grey screen with the mouse in the top left hand corner. I have searched and searced for solutions. One forum post i read said type rd=disk0x1 at F8. I have tried this and also tried changing the "disk0x1" to what I named the partition that osx was installed on.

Can you guys help me out?

Is it a hardware problem or software/drivers issue?

Specs of laptop can be inclueded. The product is Toshiba Satelite A100-214

All help is really appreciated. I am fustratingly close *hopefully* after far too many late nights!

Cheers,

phil :censored2:

Well I have integrated graphics. I've been using a monitor throughout the process due to the blue screen right before installation.

The driver I selected was something like NVkush. Do I need to install a different driver? (I didn't really have a clue of which one to install so read about and saw that most people installed this one?)

• 5 months later...
Argh really really need a solution to this. I'm trying my hardest to figure it out but still no luck :) Someone out there must have the same problem :) ?? :D

A bit late, but exactly the same issue here with a GF 8800GT (installed nvinject 0.2.1 512 MB) on iPC 10.5.6.

Didn't try too much yet because I experienced this problem just right now.

Anyway, any tips? Please help!