Continuous iPod Issue

sjawz3288

3 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone. I'm having a problem with my 2nd Generation iPod Nano. Each time I connect my ipod, it loads then disconnects only to get this error:

"And iPod has been detected, but could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. If the problem persists, reinstall the iPod support software from the Optional Installs on the Mac OS X install disc."

I've installed iTunes 8 about 5 times already to fix this issue which it does, mind you, only for it to happen again the next time I restart my computer and/or just disconnect and reconnect my iPod. I thought it was from disconnecting the iPod before ejecting it, but even when I do eject it before disconnect it, I receive that dreaded error in iTunes. It's getting tedious having to constantly install iTunes just to use an iPod. Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: And, I forgot. I'm using the Kalyway 10.5.2 Release. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, everyone. I'm having a problem with my 2nd Generation iPod Nano. Each time I connect my ipod, it loads then disconnects only to get this error:

"And iPod has been detected, but could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. If the problem persists, reinstall the iPod support software from the Optional Installs on the Mac OS X install disc."

I've installed iTunes 8 about 5 times already to fix this issue which it does, mind you, only for it to happen again the next time I restart my computer and/or just disconnect and reconnect my iPod. I thought it was from disconnecting the iPod before ejecting it, but even when I do eject it before disconnect it, I receive that dreaded error in iTunes. It's getting tedious having to constantly install iTunes just to use an iPod. Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: And, I forgot. I'm using the Kalyway 10.5.2 Release. :)

I experienced the exact same problems as described above, using the same release (Kalyway 10.5.2) and iTunes 8.

However, I just upgraded to 10.5.5, using the guide here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

After the update to 10.5.5, although I haven't tested very thoroughly yet, everything seems to work anew.