time machine restore won't boot

jiggpig

2 posts in this topic

I installed leo4all v3 (10.5.2) but I need at least 10.5.4 for the iPhone sdk. I tried the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update but it wouldnt boot after that. Thankfully I had a time machine backup that I had on another partition on the same hdd. So I restored my time machine backup. The restore didn't give any errors but now I can't boot osx. It doesn't even get to Darwin, it just hangs on my bios. I know the machine is ok because I can boot xp. I'd guess that somehow the mbr didnt get restored but I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Boot your System using your Leo4All DVD, then download and install Chameleon Bootloader (Chameleon-1.0.11-installer.zip) and it should be bootable again.

In order to update to 10.5.3 or 10.5.5 (with apple's combo update) you'll need to check the guides that describe how to do the installation without getting a kernel panic.

For Kalyways 10.5.3 Combo update you'll need to follow the instructions carefully. 1. Install Kaly's Combo 10.5.3 update but do not restart when it is done. 2. Install the kernel patch and select the kernel you would like to use. 3. restart the system and enter "update -v" (without "") when you are the boot prompt (boot:).