All installed, but can't get past bootloader

drjak

1 post in this topic

Help! I've installed Iatros v4i installed but I can't get it to boot. I have a Vista machine and I've added Leo to a new partition on the disk, leaving it as MBR and repairing the Vista bootloader using the repair disk. I then added CHAIN0 and made an entry in the Vista bootloader. Now when I boot I get the choice of Vista or Leopard, and when I select Leopard I get the Apple bootloader, but can go no further. It finds 4 partitions, of which Leo is the last one, but when I select it and hit enter, nothing happens. It seems to fail straight away and return to the 4 partition options.

I tried using GParted to set Leo partition to boot, and I got exactly the same symptom, just without the Vista bootloader stage.

The disk looks like this:

1. FAT32 Recovery partition

2. ACER Vista Partition

3. DATA Partition (NTFS)

4. Leopard.

When I installed it all seemed to go fine. I created a 20GB unformatted partition in Vista and erased it with "journalled extended" in the Leo util. In line with recommendations for my hardware I selected the following install options.

Darwin EFI emu boot for MBR

stock kernel

ACPIP stock

speedstep

Intel gfx

The machine is an ACER Travelmate 5720 laptop, Core2Duo, Intel965. I wasn't expecting everyhting to work, but something odd about not getting past the bootloader.

Can anyone help, I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out and can't find a solution.

Thanks

john