Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI

rbuicki

3 posts in this topic

I have a abit fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI rig. it has core 2 duo e4500 with 4 gigs of ddr2 ram. I have almost downloaded all of the osx86 discs and i try to boot from it but everytime i get the wating for root device error. i am not using IDE at all, its also disabled from the bios, im all sata, my dvd-rw drive, my hdd. so does anyone know the problem that is taking place?

I have a abit fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI rig. it has core 2 duo e4500 with 4 gigs of ddr2 ram. I have almost downloaded all of the osx86 discs and i try to boot from it but everytime i get the wating for root device error. i am not using IDE at all, its also disabled from the bios, im all sata, my dvd-rw drive, my hdd. so does anyone know the problem that is taking place?

You have an nForce chipset (650i) MOBO so:

If, during the boot process, the system freezes, and on the frozen verbose (when the -v boot flag is chosen) boot process screen (white text on black background), you see as the error messages before the white block cursor

"SAM MEDIA READ / WRITE failed"

"Still waiting for root device"

then there is an incompatibility between your SATA DVDRW and the nForceATA driver on the install DVD.....such as a missing DEVICE ID......

Or, if only the following error message appears

"Still waiting for root device"

then it means your SATA HDD is not being recognised due to a missing DEVICE ID.....and/or to a similar unknown incompatibility as with the SATA DVDRW.......

I suggest you check out this thread.....and also my blog which gives install guides for a 650i MOBO (Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus)......for iATKOS v2.0i, Kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.4 v1 and v1.1, and JaS 10.5.4 currently...... ;)

As for updating from 10.5.x to 10.5.5, I suggest you read this thread..... :thumbsup_anim:

Ok I managed to get this board working but took lots of trial and error so I hope that it works for you!! firstly you don't need to disable anything in bios, secondly I found the osx disk you use is important - I used quite a few until I got to Kalyway 1.5.2 which seems to work Unlike Jas 10.5.1 and some others. What you need to do is plug an Ide hdd in as the primary Ide (this will bypass the waiting root device error-at least it did with me). When it comes to installing Osx86 though do not install to this drive but to a sata drive (trying to install to the ide caused an install error -no idea why, once you install osx you can unplug the ide drive). Another thing to mention is that you Hackintosh will crash with 4gb of ram - I found that it runs fine until the ram level goes above 3gb (looking into it this is a common problem). If you need the settings on the install disk and any other driver help let me know the only thing I don't have working is Wired networking but I use a wireless card.

Hope that helps