[HELP] Problem Ethernet semi working and GFX Card Semi Recognized...

astaysane

3 posts in this topic

Hi!!

I've just installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD SSE2/3 on my computer.

My config is :

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 - (4x 2.83 Ghz) . Model Q9550 Yorkfield (M1 / SLAWE) FSB 1333 64 and 32 Bit Quad-Core Processor .

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800GTX+ 512MB PCi-e

Memory 4GB DDR2 PC800 KINGSTON

750GB Seagate 7200rpm 16MB cache

LG GSH GH20 LS15 DVD-RW Dual Layer LightScribe

ASUS Mainboard P5N-D Pro (GBL/R/F/DDRII) (dual PC2-6400U DDR2) IEEE1394 FireWire Port

First for all, who have this problem, don"t forget to disable IEE1394 in Bios before booting with Leo DVD because it's one of the things that cause famous "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"!

HERE IS MY PROBLEM:

Installation is very good, using Kernell 9.2_sleep from DVD, not installed NVInject, let default ethernet driver list validate to install because I don't know which I can/must choose for nForce driver??!!?? (because of onBoard bus), ...

Sound is working, display is in 1024x768, with no others resolutions available, network is not recognized.

SO,

I tried to install this kext with Kexthelper 7 --> nForcEthernetDriver.kext

So I haven't delete any Kext before installing this one. After installing this one, OSx launch a screen telling He has find an IP adress and my network is now working!! FINE! but launching Safari made my system CRASH and I have to reboot! CAN YOU TELL ME WHY??

My other problem is that I've a 9800gtx gfx card, and it's hard to find kext, but I try this one gfxutil_512_MB_9800_GTX made by Aqua-mac, but after reboot (because of changing "apple.mac.Boot.plist") system don't boot after Apple logo white screen. It freeze and I've to reinstall my system.

SO

Can you tell me what to do, or more info if ou need...

THX IN ADVANCE!

Hi!!

I've just installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD SSE2/3 on my computer.

My config is :

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 - (4x 2.83 Ghz) . Model Q9550 Yorkfield (M1 / SLAWE) FSB 1333 64 and 32 Bit Quad-Core Processor .

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800GTX+ 512MB PCi-e

Memory 4GB DDR2 PC800 KINGSTON

750GB Seagate 7200rpm 16MB cache

LG GSH GH20 LS15 DVD-RW Dual Layer LightScribe

ASUS Mainboard P5N-D Pro (GBL/R/F/DDRII) (dual PC2-6400U DDR2) IEEE1394 FireWire Port

First for all, who have this problem, don"t forget to disable IEE1394 in Bios before booting with Leo DVD because it's one of the things that cause famous "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"!

HERE IS MY PROBLEM:

Installation is very good, using Kernell 9.2_sleep from DVD, not installed NVInject, let default ethernet driver list validate to install because I don't know which I can/must choose for nForce driver??!!?? (because of onBoard bus), ...

Sound is working, display is in 1024x768, with no others resolutions available, network is not recognized.

SO,

I tried to install this kext with Kexthelper 7 --> nForcEthernetDriver.kext

So I haven't delete any Kext before installing this one. After installing this one, OSx launch a screen telling He has find an IP adress and my network is now working!! FINE! but launching Safari made my system CRASH and I have to reboot! CAN YOU TELL ME WHY??

My other problem is that I've a 9800gtx gfx card, and it's hard to find kext, but I try this one gfxutil_512_MB_9800_GTX made by Aqua-mac, but after reboot (because of changing "apple.mac.Boot.plist") system don't boot after Apple logo white screen. It freeze and I've to reinstall my system.

SO

Can you tell me what to do, or more info if ou need...

THX IN ADVANCE!

A few points.......check this thread too.....

1) With 4GB RAM installed, you need to remove 2GB RAM or set maxmem=3072 or 2048 in com.apple.Boot.plist to avoid kernel panics

2) Even with latest forcedeth.kext variant by ENO, nForce chipset MOBOs have problems with onboard LAN.......so suggest you get a device supported by the R1000.kext, or get a RTL8169 PCI NIC which is supported by R1000.kext and by AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.......

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/ for the R1000, which is an opensource driver for network controllers RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 and some others modified for Mac OSX. It is based on Realtek's driver for Linux but is not supported by Realtek.

Also see http://www.psystar.com/realtek_r1000_driver.html

Psystar have released a modded driver based on R1000 claimed by them to enhance

the interrupt handling and link detection for these NICS: RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101.

If this is the case, get hold of a Realtek chipset based PCI Netwok Card i.e. RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101 chipset card....check card specs before buying....depending on the card used it may just work out of the box with the already installed drivers in OS X... :thumbsup_anim:

3) About the 9800GTX GFX card.......it does seem to be problematic......not sure at present what to suggest as I would have suggested you follow Aqua-Mac's manual procedure if OSX86Tools, EFIStudio did not work ..... or install manually as here...... ;)

Many thanks for your advices! I'll check it, buy a new lan card workin' with drivers included in osx install. I also tried aquamac method using is files, but made a kernell panic. So Thanks for the advices for RAM maximum. was thinking OSx leo was able to work with 4 and more gigs of memory. Many many thanks as it will be working... I HOPE SO!

Sane