Unable to update to 10.5.5 because of error message

sfboarders

6 posts in this topic

So I just installed osX 10.5.2 on my PC and dual booting with Vista. Everything is running great but I want to update to 10.5.5. I found some info in this post but came across the following error.

"You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." I have searched this forum and google for answers but have not come across anything. Your help is greatly appreciated.

You need to go to apple.com and download the 10.5.5 Combo Update (600+ MB). It sounds like you only downloaded the regular 10.5.5 update.

However be very careful! I just tried to update my kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 and now it won't boot!

I'm looking for a solution now.

You need to go to apple.com and download the 10.5.5 Combo Update (600+ MB). It sounds like you only downloaded the regular 10.5.5 update.

However be very careful! I just tried to update my kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 and now it won't boot!

I'm looking for a solution now.

Well it looked like the combo update was able to install on my partition so I tried to install it using the netkas update. When I rebooted it just hung on the gray screen for a couple of minutes and it had a "no/don't enter" type of icon. Any ideas on what to do?