10.4.11 on a Compaq Evo N620c

ditto125

2 posts in this topic

I have a Compaq Evo N620c laptop that I have been trying to get OSX running on. I've tried XxX 10.4.11 release and only ended up with a black screen and a flashing - at boot. I used 10.4.11 since I saw someone on these forums mention it works great on the N620c and I also read someone got it working on a blog. after that failed to boot post install I tried out Kalyway 10.5.2 release. After the install the darwin boot loader shows up, but fails to boot OSX. It gets to the apple boot screen with the spinning circle and just continues spinning, never booting into OSX. Booting with -v shows a kernel panic and -x doesn't get me anywhere. Since others have had good results and support of hardware with XxX 10.4.11 release I would prefer to use that but I am not sure what options to use. Please help me other N620c owners.

Specs:

1.4Ghz Pentium M

1.25GB RAM

32MB Radeon Mobility 7500

I've got an N610C, its gotta 2.0ghz proc, 1gb ram and 20gb hd, i got 10.4.10 to successfully install, BUT.. it gets a kernel panic when it restarts.. the reason you might be getting the cursor is if you did not use the partition tool to create a single partition and if you click on options when you're in the partition tab you will see MBR, click that, click ok, then click partition, then install osx86 on it.that should probably work.. let me know if you have any luck with x.4.11

Also forgot to mention Macdotnub release is what i tried