Eve-Online - Anyone got it working?

Frayedends

8 posts in this topic

Hola, working on getting a few things running under Leo4All 10.5.4. I seem to be missing something, so if anyone's actually done this, it would be of great help.

I installed the official Eve client for mac, and sure enough it seems to start, however all I get is a blank screen with a cursor. I also have to kill the process to close it. I'm sure it's got something to do with the video working with cedega properly, but I've searched the eve-online forums and they really don't have much to say about it, other than 10.5.5 breaks the client - or so they say.

Anyway, if anyone has some info to share, would greatly appreciate it.

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3800

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9505

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Video works fine for everything else, including playback of video in QT and VLC. Haven't installed anything else that uses cider, so I was thinking that was it somehow.

Still lookin for what it might be.

Well, I'm not dual-booting, but get this... I have a VMware virtual Win XP x64 instance, and installed Eve there, and the Win version runs under vmware, but it's a bit laggy on teh video.

Still working on the OSX side lol!

That doesn't surprise me. For example, I tried running Fable: The Lost Chapters via Cider, and no go - won't even launch. But I booted up my XP partition on VMWare Fusion 2, and the game runs just fine, at 1280x800, with settings on normal. Considering that's virtualization and I have a {censored} videocard, I was very impressed.

I'm aware that this is a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd chime in on that.