finally boots, but not internet...

diptenkrom

7 posts in this topic

i have tried like 3 builds of leo4all, and 1 iAtkos, and finally tried kalyway 10.5.2, and it actually installed and booted, and did not hang up anywhere...

i have 2 probs i think, but the pressing one is that the internet will not work.

teh network adapter is recognized, and reports the cable being plugged/unplugged properly. it will send pings, but reports 100% packet loss. nothing is reported as coming back in. it will not see the other (windows) computers on my network, and i don't know where to start.

everything is setup DHCP and i also tried assigning address. set workgroup name up.

i am running a compaq presario sr1910nx desktop, with 1 gb of ram, 120gb sata, nvidia onboard graphics, nforce4 chipset.

the network adapter is "integrated 10/100 lan" this is the only info i can find online. i am guesssing that it is an nvidia chipset as well, but not sure. the mobo is made by asus.

okay, i found out that onboard nvidia cards don't work... and i tried to do the 10.5.5 combo update and it locked up. did the preupdate patch and tehn the actual update, then it locked up and would not respond to let me do the post update patch. had to reinstall.

Hello,

I am having the same problem, I was told to go to the RealTek site and download two drivers, 1309 and 1117. After I installed them onto the mac part, I got further into the networking but all of the selections seem hidden, you can't click on them. But it seems I've got a tad bit closer, on the side, its blank for networking. I even tried hooking up the laptop directly to my modem. Still nothing.

I was also reading that might need a part from 10.5.1, I just directly did 10.5.2. so not sure if that's the reason the interent is not working. I am still searching for the answer.

Until U know what network card U are dealing with U haven't a hope. Do U have windows installed. If yes, get Windows to tell U what network card(s) U have. There is an Forcedeth driver around.

Khan

I have two Network Adapters,

Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (plug in)

Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter (wireless)

I remember there being a Foredeth Driver, but I didn't click on it when I installed, I am going to reinstall this time selecting that one as well. Hope it works!

Until U know what network card U are dealing with U haven't a hope. Do U have windows installed. If yes, get Windows to tell U what network card(s) U have. There is an Forcedeth driver around.

Khan

Never mind, I finally got the Wireless LAN working :) I wrote out the steps I took in a post... if anyone's interested...