OS X installed, but only works on the Virtual Machine

Rovanion

5 posts in this topic

Situation:

I got my Mac OS X installed directly to my separate 250GB harddrive via the VMWare solution using a disk Labeled Mac Os X 10.4 Tiger For Intel X86, Bootable And Installable. Not sure what the original distribution name is. I am using the SSE3 tech.

The operating system is working correctly in my virtual machine where it is directly linked to my 250GB harddrive. But as I boot up into it I get an error.

Error:

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency

Does anyone have some sort of driver modification that I could use or maybe some kernel arguments?

Maybe someone else have a good cracked version of OS X that works on this kind, or any similar kind, of Dell machine. I've tried a couple of ones but this have been the only one that works this far.

Might there be some fix for Intels Matrix Storage Mananger? I'm asking for all kinds of hints.

Setup:

Manufacturer:   Dell Inc.

Model:          Dimention 9150

Processor:      Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:         2046MB RAM

Hard Drive:     496 GB <-- Two harddrives RAID 0 Intel Matrix Storage Mananger
               250 GB <-- Harddrive where Mac OS is going
               Note that the 250GB drive is not set into a RAID

Video Card:     NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX

Monitor:        Dell 2405FPW 24"

Well your machine specs Dell Dimension 9150 = (XPS 400) sould work fine under osx.

leaves me to think 1 thing did you set your ide/sata drives to ICH 7 mode in the bios?

remember if you do this this will break any windows installation thats not installed via ICH7 mode

So how do I set my sata drive into ICH 7 mode?

What does it do?

Will it break all my data on the harddrive along with Windows?

And does it affect all my installed drives or can I apply it separately to different harddrives?